Tuesday 24 October 2017

A little fairy mischief

This is a Christmas Fairy with a bit of a difference, she's not sitting on the top of a tree looking cute instead she's playing with the decorations and getting up to mischief.  Or I suppose you could look at her in another light and she's in awe of the sparkly Christmas bauble.


I've coloured the image with Copics, this is my third attempt LOL!  The first one the card i was using gave some bleed with the red so I had to reprint.  The second time I was doing the ornament and orangy colour but I couldn't get the blending quite right and it looked an awful mess, so I tried to cover it up using red - wish looked too dark!

So in my third attempt I played it same and went to a pale ornament, which I added lashings of DecoArt glitter to get some sparkle.  I've also added the same glitter to her wings.  For a change you can actually se the sparkle in the photos - how often does that happen?

I've given the edges of the image a grungy dark feel as I wanted a fairy magic glow to the card.
The image is back with red and black card to keep in theme with the image.

I've added a few rhine stones for extra bling and interest and finally a Merry Christmas sentiment coloured with black Copic from Crafty Moly.

Happy creating lovelies!
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Creative Crafty Cottage - Use A Sentiment
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges - Challenge 24
Emerald City Crafts - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Morgan's ArtWorld - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I LOVE this image, Andrea! It's so cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Andrea and love all the sparkle---Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
Carol DT x

Chris said...

A lovely image and a beautiful design, such fabulous sparkle too! Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

Arlene said...

What a wonderful scene and I love the colors you've given the fairy's clothing. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

NanaConnie said...

How fantastic, Andrea! Marvelous sparkle. :-D OK, time for one of my DT hats -- I'm really excited to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Emerald City this month. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Susan Powell said...

I'm lovin' the sparkly wings. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

samantha's cards said...

Such a lovely card, thanks for playing along at CCC.

Helen said...

Great card as always, Andrea - love the sparkle.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Adorable Card... Thanxx For Joining Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge..
Sherry Lynn
DT @LPOCF